Thursday, May 29, 2014
Dachau
Today we went to Dachau concentration camp. I wasn't sure if i wanted to go or not but I did. The experience was sad, moving, inspirational, and stomach turning. At first it wasn't so bad, but later it would talk about torture, killing, and other things that made me wonder why anyone would want to do this to another human. We saw the small wooden beds they were kept in, they areas that they were gathered in, and the spots they were killed in. The tour guide talked about Jehovahs witnesses and there was a large poster in the museum about Jehovahs witnesses. It talked about if we wanted to be released we would just need to hail hitler, but yet none did. Yesterday we went to the worlds biggest cookoo clock... It sucked... Anyway yeah thats a story ill tell in person, on here ill just say, Germany owes me 20 minutes of my life. Thats it for now though, hope you all enjoyed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Germans are special ��
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that you got to go there! I know it probably wasn't the best experience but it will definitely be one that you will never forget! I just finished reading Joe Kemplers memoir about being in concentration camps as a young man. Wow it was horrible and unthinkable what those poor people went through, including him. After he was released from the concentration camp he became a Jehovah's Witness because of the wonderful example that they set in the camps. He is in our congregation and you can ask him questions about it. When you come visit us I will introduce you to him.
ReplyDeleteXO